Sunday, June 11, 2017

Family for Mother's Day

When my flight landed in San Diego I made the bus stop easily but there was a 10 minute wait. The bus dropped me off at Broadway and I walked to the bike shop. I tried out a couple of bikes before deciding on a street bike for four days. They gave me a light and a lock.

I rode Island Street to 22nd and zigzagged up to 30th and Ray. I found that 28th went through but it wasn't worth it. I found a bike shop that adjusted my bars. They told me to check out yield bikes but I couldn't find it online.

I went to Lucha Libre and had tacos while charging my phone. Then I went to the Toronado. The bartender was just nice. I tweeted and posted to Facebook before it was time to go. I went the most direct way I could and it was easy but the road wasn't fun.

I took the most direct route to 16th and Broadway but the boat to Coronado was already leaving. I had to wait 45 minutes.  When it arrived, the boat was odd looking but it wasn't much different from what I know. When it docked I checked into my hotel room. There was some kind of service that got tacked on. I noted that I would want to go look at it.

I was lazy for an hour alone in my room but I did text family for Mother's Day. I looked for a taco place and rode up C street to get there but they were all closed. After looking around I went to McP’s. They played music that I liked.

I wrote back up C and realized the Island of Coronado was very similar to Long Beach’s Belmont shore. One building I saw was a complex on a large lot probably several units. The whole foundation was a  below ground garage.  Back at the room I got ready for bed and didn't go to sleep until 115.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 7:30 and made the conference by 745. I had a meal and got settled. I started listening to lectures.  Much later I noted that I had been at the conference for a while. I quit and went to my room a few times. For lunch I went for tacos on Orange Street. San Diego I noted was very similar to Los Angeles.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment