Monday, May 1, 2017

A Bunch of Freaks

On April 1 I wrote that I texted my old college classmate, the inspector, and rode through the Haight to meet him. I broke a few laws getting to Embarcadero. I had taken McAllister and had to run some lights. I also avoided bad drivers.

My acquaintance met me at the station and then we went to the crêperie and talked about stuff before Critical Mass started. Later i introduced him to the guys. We also saw a bunch of freaks.  When the ride left it went down the Embarcadero to Mission Bay. My old classmate was impressed at AT&T Park. The Mission Bay leg was kind of boring and the return to the Ferry Building was too.

I was happy when the ride started up Mission Street. I suggested to my acquaintance that we go to Japantown. We rode up Octavia. He was really happy with Hayes Valley. We took Laguna to Post and locked our bikes up. We looked around the neighborhood and then sat down at a well regarded noodle house..

We had discussed a lot of stuff from the old days when the meal came. I was surprised that he knew so much about Japan. However, he had planned several trips there – one was coming up in a couple of months.

When the time came we got the bikes. The inspector was thrilled at the ride down Laguna and said he would fill his bikes tubes when he got home.  At the apartment my friend had just arrived and I was able to help her. I introduced her to my old classmate as we brought the bikes up. I showed him the apartment and when my friend was done we sat drinking tea talking. They talked about a lot of things. We discussed old classmates. He told us that his girlfriend was finishing her degree. I walked into the corner and then bought some stuff at the liquor store before going to bed.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment