Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Had a Dance Party

On 15 April I wrote but I was getting ready to go to East Bay bike party. I was eating a delicious meal with my friend. When I left I rode to Civic Center and had a snack. I noted that eating a lot and drinking water is the best way to do bike party. When I was settled I sat through the ride to Fremont looking at Twitter.

At the station I met the guys and one guy was crazy. There was a random sitting with us waiting to get picked up. I passed out fliers.   The ride left and I felt shitty. I knew the route and new I had had water. I told myself I would leave when I ran out of flyers.

I wasn't really riding with anyone. At some point I started handing fliers out on my bike. I gave one to an organizer and she noted that someone had given her another one. I got close to the flag several times but mostly stayed behind. Occasionally I gave a flyer away. Mostly I gave them to couples.

At the first party stop I saw one of the guys and talked with one of the riders from SJBP. I was alone for a little bit and then I found the guys. Another organizer told me not to fret on sharing so we went out and talked to people

I bumped into my an old college classmate then. I was really surprised and also happy.  However, I was less interested in hanging out. I laughed a lot though.  She introduced me to her friends - one was from Berkeley the other Marin. The party stop ended so I said goodbye.

We were on the Bayside of 880 at that point. We went through some suburban stuff. The ride slowly broke from the town though and we started passing through wetlands and industrial areas.  I noted that someone driving a Camaro head hit a rider. The guy was really angry. Other riders had caught up with the driver. I saw them at a park a little while later. I tried to suggest to other riders that we move along.

I passed out as many flyers as I could. I gave one to one of the guys. We ended up at the baylands and I estimated about 300 riders. I passed out a few more flyers. I met a woman who had come on Tweed the november before. I interacted with the guy that rides the recycle bike.

I bumped into my old classmate’s group again. We talked for a bit. I didn't feel like hanging out with the guys so I decided to tag along with her group. My last flyer went to random people.

We raced back to Warm Springs station. My old classmate was at the back the whole time. We met at the front of the station and all of us made it on board. We ended up in the back with one of the music bikes. We had a dance party. The crazy guy was the crazy person in the train. He told me no one liked me.

When we got to 12th street most of the guys had gone but my old classmate was still headed with her group to Berkeley. I saw one of the bartenders from my neighborhood on the westbound platform after I said bye to the bikers. I went to Civic Center. I ate a meal and went to bed.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment