Saturday, January 12, 2013

The HiLo

I wrote that I got a text form Katie and finished up with my edit.  I caught various buses and had a taco.  I made a reservation at Bocce and got to Cobb’s exactly on time.  I didn’t know what the show was and that was sort of a gaffe but I got into the swing of things.  The show was great.  I had a couple of drinks and when it was time to settle I collected dollars and paid.  We said bye to Jen and Justin.  There were two others but Katie didn’t really know them.  We went to Visuvio and Dave was there.  Later we went to the HiLo and Christian showed up.  I took the drunk bus home.

Next day I got up late but had time to get to San Rafael to meet Nicole.  My Clipper card worked on GGT.  We had crepes and she told me about beer part with her bud Jen.  We rushed over to the MTC and saw “Waiting for Godot” and I was transfixed.  It was new and interesting.  So much of it is classic and almost predictable but I watched it closely.  Every scene has a certain amount of inevitability about it.

We went to dinner at Sol Food which was good.  I ate too much.  I had the pork and she had the shrimp.  We went to my house and she stayed the night and I got a bunch of stuff done.

In the morning I had to ride and I forgot the notebook.  I wrote notes on papers instead.  I made good time anyway.  I waited for the train listening to Fleetwood Mac.  I went to the safety tailboard.  I edited my notes till “the walk” at 11.  I handed in a loner passkey to Jimmy and a conversation between Brian and Joel.  They were discussing the essentials for a while and I felt inept on account of David’s high profile.  Joel explained that segments change on account of splitting due to class.

I spoke to David for a bit and then used Access for a long while.  I then went through my notes and looked at what goes into the matching process for which David was looking.  I was writing about static points and thought that this was important.  I also thought about what the output would require.  There is a lot of wonder in my writing and I have a lot of headers and columns over what the matching process.  I also went through what I knew.

I left around four and had a flat and saw Karl on the trail.  That was odd.  I made it to PHill and to Momi Toby’s for beers.  We went to the Moth and then afterwards we went to Chez Maman.  I went home on the N and she was on the BART.

Next day I was late to work and worked on tables for David.  He told me that there would be rules and the rules would have to mix the records.  I showed him a set of outputs.  I wanted to get more work done but was frustrated.  We had a long meeting.  Later I had to enroll at CSULB.  I had to fix my tire near the end of that shift. 


This is a hybrid series that is strait from my notebook as my Notebook Analysis is but also chronicles my life at regular intervals like the Memo series.  It is essentially meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced developed from my notebook pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment