Saturday, January 19, 2013

Went to Joxer Daly’s

I wrote that on the previous Wednesday I worked most of the day on my evolving statistical approach.  I had been slowly getting into the FET but still needed to understand it.  I also identified the calculator I would use.  Midday I received a call from Eric King who said he had a job for me to do.  I told him I had been rejected twice and he told me not to worry.  He then sent me the description.  I sent Eric a resume and made plans to meet Nicole.

I noted that Andrea had emailed about a party for Meghan but I decided later not to go.  I ate a little bit with the parents and then dad drove me to Taraval.  I went to West Portal and met Nicole for dinner.  Then we went to Joxer Daly’s.  There we looked for a movie to watch and she drove me home.

I wrote that the next day I had a hard time getting up.  Nicole sent me a text message about a play on Saturday.  I spent the rest of the day working on the calculator discussion and concluded that Vassarstats was the one I wanted.  I later talked more with Eric King and I started looking at my statistical approach.  I watched a little bit of a Birkin-Gainsbourge film and went to bed at midnight.

Next day Eric woke me up to prep me for the interview and I worked on the FET problem until David Harrison called me.  The interview went perfect and Eric briefed me on the next steps.  He called me back with terms and I got the packet right away.  I wanted to stop working right then and get food but made plans with Shaun instead.  I took a deep breath and soldiered on.  Later I went to Park Chow and 2 and a half hours later I was getting some air when Shaun found me.  We spent some time at the Shamrock.  I got home late.

The morning of the day that I wrote this I had a hangover and made plans with Nicole.

This needs to be integrated:
Since I needed a posting for 01 20 13 I did a search of my email.  On the 22nd I received two emails from Gordon about jobs.  There were seven emails for the 20th but all were job notices.  On the 18th I received an email concerning the job at the MAOP project.  On the 15th I received an email from Andrea about Meghan moving to the Netherlands.  I am certain that I didn’t go to this party.  I copied this from my notebook on January 23rd and posted it to the blog Month Day.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment