Friday, October 12, 2012

Two Playoff Games

I’ve been surveying parked cars lately and the routes I do are pretty mundane. Basically, I walk around and count stuff. I have to make a list of stuff that I count and then write how many I saw and then return to see how things had changed. Every time I do it it changes and while the whole thing is interesting I only have a rudimentary understanding of what is going on since someone else is the organizer for the project.

I usually get some breakfast before doing a job like this and last Wednesday wasn’t much different. I stopped at Yancy’s to check in on the Giants that night and discovered that the A’s were playing too. There is nothing more nerve wracking than watching two playoff games at the same time!

The next day I saw the last NLDS game and was happy for the Giants moving on to the Series!! I ended up meeting my friends for a show in the Mission. One of them was from LA County. We all went to one of my favorite bars on Market for a beer and conversation. There we saw some of my friends from several state bicycle advocacy groups. I thought that was cool.

My friend from LA and I went on EB Bike Party with his friends. It was liberating. I saw a bunch of people I know and we visited the city of Alameda. As I had never been there before I was glad I went. That town had a lot of older Victorians that made the neighborhoods look generally quaint and livable.

Tomorrow I am planning on going to the Noriega Street Faire.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment