Thursday, September 6, 2012

Amazing I Made it Home at all

I rode my bike on Overlook Drive past a bunch of tree mulch and two trucks that were not city vehicles.  I then rode to the Panhandle where a Ford Mustage took an illegal left from the center lane on Fell nearly killing me.  I rode Grove street across Divisadero, around Alamo Square and down Fulton where someone insisted I get out of his way so that he could wait at a stop sign (I didn't).  I made it to Franklin where a BMW tried to move me out of the way as well.  I also had to fight with a taxi.  I rode to Union Square with less trouble.

After I parked the bike I walked to the art galleries on Post and Geary.  I took the elevator to the top floor on 251 Post and grabbed a postcard at Hespe.  Kim Cogan had a great piece that was straight out of my teenage years.  Also, Scott Richards had a great piece that I liked by Chris Dorosz called Stasis.  I then went to 49 Geary where the Hanes Gallery had a set of fantastic daguerreotypes by Binh Danh as well as a piece from Ai Weiwei.  Finally there was Ansel Adams' Manzanar Project at the Scott Nichols.

I had dinner at Cafe de la Presse and then walked to Visuvio to see my friend Dave who tends there bar there.  I saw Obama address the Democratic convention there talking about Hope and Freedom.  When I left I walked to my bike and then tried to make it out of Union Square, which is impossible by the way.  I only rode the wrong way once.  What is Peter York Street for anyway??

Later I had a lot of trouble on Page Street, where a lady called me a bitch while trying to pass me as I was passing a double parked car near Pierce.  I made it across Divisadero and through Golden Gate Park but at 3rd and Lincoln some nut was taking a left off of Frederick and nearly killed myself and two other cyclists.  Finally, I had a run in with someone who tried to pass me while I was passing another cyclist at 16th and irving.  Amazing I made it home at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment