Monday, September 24, 2012

A Single Hiccup

Last Friday I hung out with my friends in the area around 850 Bryant. One of them works with the Public Defender and so we were waiting for her. The other friend lives in Brooklyn. In the morning the two of us had coffee and after the work day was over the three of us had tacos.

On Saturday I went to Tour de Fat and hung out with another friend in between volunteering. This is a really fun event. I got to ride on a funny tandem where there are two seats side by side but only two wheels front and back. HAHA what an amazing experience. I had to quit when a pedal slammed into my shin. Tour de fat involves beer. Afterwards I went to another friend’s house and ate pizza with a bunch of bicyclists that had been at the event.

On Sunday morning I went to Java Beach and met a cute banjo player.

Today I was filling out a couple of different online forms, a process that can be frustrating. You have to fill out the form and then render it using the online profile thing. The output is a pdf that you can’t save. Then I have to print it out and sign it and if there is a single hiccup in the process I sort of have to start all over again. Egh. Suffice to say I needed a breath of fresh air. So, I went for a walk to Sunset Reservoir. It’s was amazing how many people I saw walking around up there. I was looking for some alone time and just kept bumping into people. Dog walkers, strollers you name it. What is soo great about a former quarry converted into a reservoir for drinking water? I am certain there are several other places in SF where you can get a good view of the Farallones, the park and the bridge at the same time. I just can’t think of any.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment