Saturday, July 17, 2021

New Panhandle Bike Lane

On July 25 of 2020 I wrote that the day before I got the cargo bike ready before heading out to the ferry. I tried to find stuff at the supermarket there but they were closed.

I hadn’t been enjoying the ferry trip up to then during the pandemic but I had gotten used to it. At Main Street the meeting with my friend was brief.

The boat trip was marked by a lack of food and generally nothing to do out of concern for contagion. I noted that I wanted someday to get off in Oakland instead and possibly ride to Treasure Island.

I stopped at roadside and rode to the apartment. I did a quick turnaround to switched some wheels and equipment before meeting some acquaintances at Duboce Park. I was surprised to see so many people there - including an old college classmate. We had beer and crackers and watched the scooters before riding back to the apartment.

I tried to order from Goat Hill but had to RUN to Little Star instead. Dinner and a movie were pretty quiet and I was quick to wind down. Later I had to do some stuff for myself so went to bed late – I heard gunshots.

In the morning of the day that I was pissed I finally got out of bed at nine and poured out cereal. When I got all the clothes on I called dad and texted my younger sister. I noted that I was going to go to Four Barrel and then to Golden Gate Park.

I got the bike out but noise upstairs made it difficult. Then, loading the bike was really hard so I had to take too long. Some of the neighbors saw me and I felt like a spectacle.

When eventually I was able to get out, I rode slowly up Page Street to the Wiggle and onto the new Panhandle bike lane which was parking protected. From there I entered the park and the ride was easy. My acquaintances from the biking events were there. I got the wheels out and enjoyed the people until the protected bikeways thing ended. I met a new person at Blue Playground.

After that I made a stop at the waterfall before heading to dads house. My sister was there and I helped Dad make dinner. We went for a bike ride around the block.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment