Thursday, July 22, 2021

Fireworks were Going Off

On July 5 2020 I wrote that the day before I packed extra wheels onto the cargo bike and climbed to market on my street. At 17th I got some water and some sunscreen. After that I climbed to Twin Peaks for some photos.

The ride down to Portola was fun because I got the wheels out. When I put them away I went to Laguna Honda Bl. and tried the route I like to take Vasquez and Kensington.

I descended to 14th and Ulloa and then to my sister’s house and spent about two hours with her. The house was really loud. We had tea and snacks. We discussed my mother’s passing and enjoyed the warm afternoon.

The bike ride to my father’s house was eye-opening because it went so smoothly. Once there I checked with him about the week and his plans. I made sandwiches and ate leftover Easter candy. At one point it occurred to me that I would have to go so I rode quietly to Golden Gate Park with some of the wheels out.

I took a quiet rest between the Polo Fields and the waterfall, which was really difficult. The ride later took me to the band shell where the “trucks” are and then on to the “secret forest.”

I got a pretzel at the Conservatory and rode down the hill on the grass. Then I went to the Panhandle and onward to Page Street. I thought the ride was wonderful because I had extra wheels out for so much of it especially at Waller.

My friend had texted me mid day to say that she was bummed that I had missed the Alameda fireworks show. So, when I quietly got into the apartment I decided to do a quick turnaround and go to Lombard where I visited the “twisty street” and got photos of the sunset from the reservoir.

While the fireworks shows had all been canceled, there was a surprise on the ride down Hyde street because apparently fireworks were going off all over the mission. I tweeted all about it.

After that it was a race to get home and wind down. I discovered that I had barely made it but in the end I was able to even watch a little TV. I went to bed exhausted.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment