Saturday, February 8, 2020

We Walked to Mother’s

On November 3 I wrote that the day before I had done a couple things, had some coffee and then went downstairs to get the cargo bike I had borrowed before leaving at nine. I texted an acquaintance who said he was on his way.

A bit later a “quiet mass” of people had begun to develop.  I spoke to the organizers and when my acquaintance showed up the ride left on the way up Valencia.  We were supposed to go to Chavez but turned around at 24th. As the ride was ending I got to know a prominent marijuana activist. We spoke at length at Mission playground.  I met a bunch of people that day.

A short while later my acquaintance and I took the steps necessary to leave. After stopping at my apartment we rode to the Panhandle and Lincoln Boulevard to his new place. We looked at his backyard and the house’s ancient fixtures - the range is 75 years old.  We ate some lunch.  We went on a walk to the coffee shop and other places. I noticed some changes to the neighborhood.

That night I stayed at mom and dad’s. Mom and I hung out in the backyard and I took a picture of a hawk. We made tacos, I took a picture of us at the dinner table and we watched TV.  I wound down pretty late. 

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I went downstairs to be quietly lazy. My father turned the TV on a little while later. We ate breakfast. I texted my acquaintance and said bye to the parents.  I rode my bike to meet my acquaintance and we walked to Mother’s Meadow. I got a bunch of pictures then we had some snacks before we went to the pizzeria.  

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment