Sunday, April 7, 2019

Early Hours of Christmas

On December 26 I wrote that in the early hours of Christmas I quietly checked on things early and tried to keep the noise down until around 730. Then it was noisy for about three hours while we opened presents. By then my host‘s parents and aunt were over and there was food and other stuff going on.

When it was nearing time for my friend and I had to leave our hostess said bye and we rushed off to catch transit to the city. Later we caught a train to my sister’s. When we arrived I noted that my parents were going to be late. I had a drink and an hour later they showed up and we opened some gifts.

After that we sat for dinner. The meal was quiet and I had to get up a few times. Then after dinner we did the elephant gift exchange and then I finally was able to lie down and relax. We were all very tired. Moments later there was an accident and we had to make a late night trip to the hospital. The doctor said things would be alright and scheduled us to get fitted for a cast.

Things were OK after that. When I awoke in the morning of the day that I wrote this I spent some time in the living room. Mom had made pancakes. The loud evening before had created new situations. I helped my friend a bit and left at 11 for work.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment