Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Gatsby Picnic

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I took the bikes and trailer out and got an outfit on. We were headed to the Gatsby Picnic. We headed out as Melissa Davies was headed to BART.

My friend and I headed to Civic Center a bit later than we wanted. The elevator was hard. I opted for the escalator with my own bike. We met our riding companion on the train and sat at separate ends of our train until San Leandro. I took both bikes down while the girls took the elevator.

We wrote to a store nearby and got coffee and got our stuff together before riding through suburbia to the event. This time we took Haas though in the past I’m pretty sure we took Dutten or something else. We then took 108th and foothill before venturing under the freeway. We only got passed by one person. The last block was hard but I made it.

Around when we got our tickets and entered, a bunch of people in our party texted from inside. I saw mom and a bunch of others. Luckily my friend texted around then to say that one of our party was hosting a spread in a good spot. She was from Sacramento and had really great cocktails.

Mom and dad had a wagon. I found a spot for the wheels and then got mom and dad and the others settled. I made sure to make everyone happy. Our riding companion saw a friend. I confirmed that other people from Sacramento were not coming.

We all managed to take quiet walks one at a time. I got everyone a drink before sitting down for a sandwich. My friend and I traded several times. The hostess introduced her boyfriend. I quietly explored the vault for the spring twice. When some of the events for the day happened my friend quietly snuck off to the mansion instead.

I got a cocktail and watched the dancing. My friend insisted I dance with mom. Everyone took at least one additional walk. I got a lot of quiet complements. I took a quiet walk to be alone. When I got back mom and dad left and the others were leaving. Our hostess packed up and we walked out with her (bikes and everything). My friend saw her boss, the vintage clothing expert.

My friend and I quietly headed back to 108th with our companion. The ride was mostly easy but a couple of places we walked across the street. Getting to the platform had gotten easier with me bringing the bikes together.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment