Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Fat Rabbit

On July 29 I wrote that we ended up going to a pub – The Fat Rabbit – where everyone ordered separately. I gathered as many people as possible and started heading over. I ended up there with just a couple of people and everyone else showed up later. The meal was great. I split a slider and a salad. The pub was chaos and there was noise everywhere. I was really happy at how nice everyone was being. We all walked back together. I was worried I was going to have take a nap due to my earlier bike ride.

We went to my little sister’s room and she gave everyone a piece of cake because Where’s Waldo had given her a gift certificate to a bakery. The room was noisy and I was not doing well. We went to our room – my sister and I had adjoining rooms – so it was easy to have my niece wind things down for us. The idea was for most of us to have a night on the town and she would be in charge back at the hotel. One room could be quiet and the other less so.

We went to a local pizzeria and met my brother-in-law’s sister and then headed to the Folsom Hotel then – the place had no rooms just a bar but it also had a stage for music. We all stood out back and got to know each other until it was time for the band. Having wrecked myself with a vigorous bike ride in the heat, I thought that sitting was fine but everyone else wanted to dance. I sat at the bar.

When they were done with the first set everyone returned to the back porch for a drink and I managed to convince my friend to walk back with me. I was very happy to fall asleep.

We woke at 6:30 and I remember there was a loud noise. At 7:30 a few of use quietly walked over to Sutter Grill. The meal was a bit noisy but OK. Later, everyone went to the pool and I went looking for a laundromat. I got a cup of coffee sat down and started writing.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment