Saturday, September 1, 2018

Participate in Sunday Streets

On July 15 I wrote that I got two hours into getting things done at home – I wasn’t thrilled with the outcome but was happy to work on it. I took a couple of breaks to move stuff around but mostly played minesweeper when I got distracted.

When I knew my old classmate was headed into the city I got on my bike and met him at 21st Amendment. I ordered tater tarts and when they got in we discussed the baseball game we would attend on August 11. He also introduced his brother and uncle. I discussed the Seals with them.

I rode home on an interesting path - through Filipinotown to Lafayette and the apartment. The ride through Selma is difficult. I got back to getting stuff done when I heard that another old classmate was nearby. I got on the 14 and had a pupusa before having a beer with him. I was too tired so I went home.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was lazy when my friend let me know she was going to the Ferry. I tidied and rode Market to find her. I got coffee and we rode back together. When we got to Valencia she quietly admitted a desire to participate in Sunday Streets. We played with basketballs and met a local personality. She went upstairs at that point to be alone for a bit.

I quietly walked around the noisy street in front of the coffee shop for a bit. When she returned I brought her trailer up and then we set out for her acquaintance’s party.

We caught the 6th to 9th and walked to their house. When we got inside I was upstairs alone together for a moment but my friend wet outside. Everyone was headed out there a moment later. The host set up an inflatable. There was fun stuff everywhere. We had barbecue and beer. I got to know a few of their friends.

We went up for cake a bit later and I met the cats. On the way out we learned some old bike party acquaintances lived next-door. A short while later we were on the six getting off at to Buchanan on our way home.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment