Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Giants Padres Game

On June 24 I wrote that I woke in the morning of the previous day to the realization that I had had a full nights sleep. I quietly helped while my friend opened the door for my older brother and his wife. We debated morning coffee while we got ready for the Giants v Padres game.

We needed food and equipment. We debated bringing bikes. My brother and sister-in-law were patient. When we got to Valencia we were surprised that we ended up going to our preferred coffee shop. We took it easy there because it was early. My brother tried the pour over coffee.

Walking to 16th I advocated for the bus. However, upon our arrival everyone had a different thing to do. So, we let the bus go and descended into the tube. The ride was easy enough. We walked to the ferry building. We split up and some guy from New York City bought me a coffee. Later I stood quietly near a great Pyrenees named Gus and waited until the four of us walked over to the ballpark.

On the way we stopped at the deli to pick up a sandwich. My brother ran across the street against the light. I remarked to my friend later that riding bikes would have been difficult because he is alway always is so independent.

My father was waiting for us at the park with beer and food. My friend quietly hung out in the playground while the others went off to talk. The most of the rest of our friends and family showed up then.

I hung out in the playground with the loud nephews. My friend and my mother quietly took photos. A number of people mentioned our planned Folsom trip. My friend said she didn’t want to share her sandwich so I ate my brother’s.

She and I walked to the stadium entrance with our equipment and quietly donned our straps. I dropped the equipment off at the valet and walked to our seats – my friend texted a bit before that that the Club Level was really fancy. I found her as the second inning was starting and settled in next to her.

I was really happy we hadn’t gotten worn out before the game. It was quiet time when we sat down and when it had at least halfway ended I walk to the Dugout for some hats but discovered I have forgotten my Ticket. However, my brother and brother-in-law were with me so I got a beer instead.

I returned and got my ticket and went to the lower level to get some hats after my friend got a drink with dad. When I got back I discovered that the hats were a real hit. I did a lot of quiet explaining of the game. I also gladly explain to the game down below. By the seventh everyone was loudly rooting for the team and I had to spend it to the bottom of the club level twice.

A short while later my friend and I decided to quietly explored the stadium by ourselves. The Giants were winning at that time and the ninth and it just a short while later. We said bye to everyone and walked to the valet. Then we found our way onto the train.

Unfortunately there was no air conditioning and the train was packed. It also had a broken door which hampered hour forward movement. At Church I went to Ace hardware while she she was at store.

I couldn’t find her after the hardware store so I went home and did some vacuuming. It turned out my brother and his wife had met her at the store. I did the dishes before she got back and made us dinner. We then wound the house down at 8:30 and my brother decided to call it a night.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment