Sunday, August 5, 2018

Going to Bike Party

On June 10 I wrote that Friday evening I stopped at Souvla to get my friend a meal and then went to the apartment where she was struggling. She hadn’t heard from the neighbor so decided to stay in. I had had a late lunch so wasn’t super hungry but I did try her salad. I left about seven when she had begun winding the house down.

I rode to Civic Center and boarded the first train that came. I transferred twice because that strategy is better than sitting through delays. At Berkeley I dropped a check and went to Berkeley Civic Center for break party. I saw a bunch of people I knew but just sat looking at Twitter. When it was nearly time I asked a guy for a swig of his bourbon and everyone took off to follow the green flag.

We took Allston around strawberry creek. I learned about the bowling club. We crossed the tracks, lagoons and freeway. Some girl on skates was amazing. She was a very good skater but not versed in how to deal with a group of cyclists.

I took photos of the sunset. I got a great picture of some of the tidal art. We passed IKEA and headed to the foot of the bridge where a bunch of cops and maintenance trucks were we waiting with lights on. We mostly ignored them. The green flag set up and I stood with the guys. The cops got bored and I had a donut and wandered around. The disco ball was set up in a great spot.

I saw the green flag take off and decided to go with it. We took the path back to Powell. At first I was really aggressive in following but I fell back and let everyone passed me. We rode to Powell and then through Emeryville to San Pablo Terrace 27th and I want to watch the dancers at the Embarcadero near Lake Merritt. I wandered around then enjoying the scene but decided to quit after talking to some of the leadership. I rode by myself to Bart but found a couple of the guys on the train.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment