Thursday, August 2, 2018

Our Trip to Fairfax

On 15 June I wrote that the night before I did a bunch of preparation for our trip to Fairfax. We had a mountain of laundry to do. We also had to get the trailer right. I went through my bike tool kit. By the time we were done putting clothes away it was 12 and Charlie was asleep. I was up until one in the morning.

Though my friend had been feeling under the weather she was all right to get up at six. I was up at 7:15 and fought through my fugue to get the bikes locked up out front. By then I had quietly eating a bowl of cereal and some smoothie. I brought our bags down and she brought the trailer down. I quietly locked the door right after making sure the laundry was off.

We went to Valencia and started our journey. I noticed that my friend made all of the lights one by one and we never really needed to worry about our tempo. However, we did have some bus problems.

We met our companions at equator coffee and then went to the Ferry Building after that pretty fast. I thought our tempo was perfect even when we had trouble. After I fill up my clipper we settled in for some pastries. Forty minutes later we were caffeinated and ready to go. The attendants were really nice even know we had trouble. On the boat I tried to rebalance but my bags had to be packed that way. I did quiet on my back to the snack stand until the boat docked and then we rolled off.

I had trouble communicating the route so I opted instead for traveling a short distance before they approved on my suggested route. We passed the canoe place and rode along Luck Dr. My friend was ecstatic about the artist spaces there.

As we rode towards Miller Drive I noticed that Lucky isn’t super fun at the end because of the freeway traffic but it also went straight to the park. We then passed through Larkspur, Corte Madera and Ross pretty quick. We stopped a couple of times to let cars pass. After the seminary we took to get to the San Anselmo my town center.

Initially I tried to get coffee but my friend wanted to picnic at the park so we parked at the café and sat in the park eating. She had made us pan bagne. I noted that the whole thing was easy. I little later went to the fountain to quitely admire the Yoda and Indiana Jones statues.

I got my friend a lemonade and a coffee for myself. Then we connected the trailer and meandered to Fairfax. The ride was easy but in the town I took away around the center and it was hard. We went to the Civic Center Park and figured out the hill to the house we had rented.

We started climbing and it was tough. My friend was equal but wanted to accompany our companions. I dropped the bike and got her before we started unpacking at the rental. Once inside we played with the stuff in the place. I had a beer and we ordered groceries. The deck was so high that it proved hard for me to deal with but my friend quietly let us use it. We tried to figure out the groceries but I made to leave instead.

I met the hostess mother before I headed down to the local bar.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment