Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Xmas Tree Farm

On December 18 a route that the day before I had gone to the cafe and when I returned the house was completely awake. I parked the bike and found my hosts were on the computer outside. My friend explained they were on a video call to New York. There was plenty of noise and I got busy with something right away. They had made food but it wasn’t much. I could have easily fed myself. I was in the living room and bedroom a bit.

The four of us started negotiating over the Christmas tree bike ride after the call was over. By 1145 we were busy trying to get the trikes and bikes working. We rode circuitously to the Xmas tree farm – it was next to my hosts’ office on the old Navy base. I took a ton of pictures. Some guy came out and our hostess chose the tree she wanted. Then they prepared it for our transport. My host put it in the trike he had brought and we were on our way.

Some of my equipment was making noise so I had to stop – later I rushed to the house. I started quiet time.We had lunch and the meal was delicious. I snuck a bunch of the last grilled cheese sandwich. They were decorating the tree and later my host was digging in the back and eventually I was back there too. When quiet time ended I was doing stuff in the yard so my friend did the bags up it was pretty loud at that point and we finished off the whiskey.

I was going slow. I was just engaging the breeze when my host revealed that they had an event to attend and so I started packing the bikes. It wasn’t fun but I had it. I had problems with my panniers and everyone had to help. We were not at all late to the ferry but the trip seemed frantic. I later decided it was a great ride.

Once we were on the boat my friend went upstairs to speak with a family with a bike trailer. I was making so much noise the three ladies next to me we’re hiding smiles. When we got off we spoke with the family again and then we rode up Market street. At the apartment we wound the house down, made her dinner and watched Doctor Who in the crows nest.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment