Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Seventh Floor had Soundscapes

On 28 August I wrote that I was at Café Soleil writing and then I went to the hardware store. When I got back quiet time was over. The apartment was a bit of a mess so I tidied and did dishes.

My friend and I went to a neighbor’s house where dinner was being served.  I noted that while we ate there was music and I asked asked our host about it.  We moved to the living room and had whiskey. Our hostess started to be by herself with us and my friend too. The host told us about how they were going through a lot of stuff at the job.

They gave us a bunch of stuff and we walked to the apartment. Then we wound the house down. My friend wanted to be alone so when my old classmate showed up we went to the french fry joint before going to Shotwell's. We sampled beer and I played pinball. We saw Mellencamp on an autoharp. We walked through the Mission to the apartment.

My friend was asleep and slept all night. Next morning my old classmate went to his thing and I made noise in the living room. My friend interacted with him and then went running when he left.  She returned and we made plans to go to four barrel. We left a bit later and we didn't get pastries. I had a 2nd cup of coffee. We agreed to get rid of the table. She went for quiet walk and I got the cards and got rid of the table. I had chai on the way back.

At the apartment I made sandwiches. My friend chipped away at the mantle. I was really tired. She and I ate and right before quiet time I unscrewed the mantle so I would be able to put putty on it.  I want to SFMoma then. My old classmate was on the fifth floor so when I got my ticket I went to find him. The stuff we saw on that floor wasn't permanent. I liked it a lot. There was Lichtenstein and Mondrian. The sixth floor very but was similar.

The seventh floor had soundscapes. One was mechanical. One was a single take of Scandinavian guys collaborating. It reminded me of Arcade Fire. There was one piece that was just a large pool with a lot of bowls floating around.

My old classmate looked at all the stuff. I caught up to him and we spoke to each other via the canned telephone. We went down to the sculpture garden and then got ready to go. We saw a giant sculpture at the first floor on the Howard side – ship metal. We looked at the permanent collection.  We went to Shields and rapped with the bartender. He had just opened. We talked about bar names.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment