Thursday, February 9, 2017

Bikes to the Hornet

On 29 January I wrote that my friend and I traveled across the bay.  We got on Bart and went to 12th street. We then caught a bus and went to a coffee shop on Santa Clara St and then walked to my friend’s family’s house.  Where we saw four cargo bikes parked in the yard when we went inside to have lunch.

After a while the discussion turned to bikes. We choose which ones we wanted and then we got the equipment together. We had to go into the attic for some of it. We got some clothing together. I took the noisy bakfiets. My friend took the Feets and her brother took the noisy Nihola. We rode to the ferry terminal and onward to the tower.

We hung out with the fire engine and then we went inside while Jamie watched the noisy bakfiets.  We climbed to the top of the tower and looked at the view of the city. There was a miniature car rally including several Mustangs and a Cobra on the airfield.  I had a beer and I could see my friend outside next to the fire truck.  Everything looked so small.

After that we rode our bikes to the Hornet and then to the beach before heading back to the house to make dinner.  It was a short time later that my friend and I started getting to ready to leave. We hurriedly said goodbye to everyone and walked briskly listening to strange lonely noises and made the bus. At 12th St. BART a train came quick and I tracked the F train in the tube to determine that we would want to get off at Powell.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment