Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Week in August

I had been spending time looking over my job search options as July turned to August but my weekend started on the first I went to the Shamrock.  The next evening after work I went to Bike Party but decided to go home first.  While I decided later that this was a bad idea because of time constraints, I did find five twenties on the street while ordering pizza on Divisadero.  I met a bunch of people as the ride progressed from visited Jackson Square, through China Town and much of North Beach.  The best stop was at Telegraph Hill where there were easily 500 smiling and dancing people.  I fell into conversation with a lot of new people while wandering around.  For instance, I met a pianist named Matt Mangles with whom I had a lot in common.  The ride made a stellar journey through the Broadway Tunnel and a stop at Aquatic Park.  One of my newest acquaintances was showing his new e-bikes to a group and nearby I noted that that a local politico running for state office had appeared for a photo op.  The ride finished at Rincon Park where we saw a guy with a crazy hat.

The next day I met my friend at café Muse for on a ride to Marin.  We took 15th Avenue to the top of the Presidio, over the bridge and across the Richardson Bay.  At Blythdale we took Lomita and climbed the freeway path on our way to Corte Madera.  We took Lakeside into Larkspur and side streets near Sir Francis Drake through Ross and San Anselmo.  We stopped at a café near Fairfax where we listened to Jazz and had coffee.  We passed through the Cal Park Hill Tunnel on the way back via the ferry terminal.

I also went to the Car Free Happy Hour.  I sat with the some friends from college who formed a non-profit that travels all over the West Coast.  My buddy from Bike Party came by too.  He had gone to Mission Bicycle to participate in their free tour.  I saw people from Public Bikes and Sunday Streets.  The next day I hung out with my friends from Long Beach at Celia’s on Judah.  I had a flight of tequila, a Tecate and the #5.  We spent the rest of the night walking the neighborhood playing catchup.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis post, which I started writing on 072814, is part of a contemporaneous series.  I developed this  piece as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment