Monday, June 17, 2013

The Joels

I wrote that I hadn’t taken notes for a few days and had to go back as far as the morning of the 15th.  Around nine I spoke with JF and Sarah about having a meeting.  I spent most of the day with the command line trying to build a batch rename.  I interacted a lot with the Joels; one gave me a copy of his article; and I talked with the other about job numbers.  I rode to Pleasant Hill and stopped to catch my breath.  I then rode to Walnut Creek and had a light lunch and water.  I rode to Lafayette.  On the way I noted some stuff about the intersection of Newell and Olympic.

I noted that the ride up the path to St Mary’s was idyllic.  When I got to Moraga I was surprised to find that the path came out in a different place than I had anticipated.  I bought an apple juice at Safeway and then circled the Fire Station looking for the path.  I was also surprised to find so many apartments in the area.  I followed the trail to Canyon Bl and then rode up Pinehurst to the town of Canyon.  I stopped a lot.  At the main switchback there were a couple of cyclists following me.  I strained my self getting to the top and they almost passed me.

I drank the rest of my water at the top there.  I texted Shaun and he rode up Moraga Rd to meet me in Montclair.  The ride to meet him was awesome.  I found myself on Shepard and Gunn wondering where the bike path was.  When I found it I was on an old train right of way.  There were commemorative plaques and at Snake road there was a bridge.  I met Shaun at La Salle and we went looking for the tunnel that the rail road should have gone through but had no success.

We had some tacos and then took La Salle to Mandana and went to some bar on Lake Shore.  The bartender was surly but Shaun thought ske liked me.  We met one of the owners too.  In time I had to go and we said bye at 20th and Broadway.  I caught the midnight train and also caught a 5 back to Park Presidio and rode home.

The next day I was achy from the travels but got up and went to Java Beach.  I read the NY Times and had a bagel.  I went home and worked on the thesis.  That was where I continued on the path of describing what I had written up to then.  I had meen making an index.  Mom had to pick dad up and Nicole wanted to see me.  I touched base with mom and at some point I quit working on the thesis.

Mom took me to BART and I roe to San Bruno.  I met Nicole there and we went to Celia’s in San Bruno.  I told her about how my contract was indeed ending.  We talked about it at length we watched Anchorman and played Monopoly.  The next day we went to West Portal and she went to her parents after coffee.  I got a haircut and had a breakthrough later while working on my thesis.  The parents and I had Father’s Day dinner and Joe called.  We had pictures and cake.

The next morning I caught the earliest bus and the train to my bike.  I ate breakfast bars and coffee from Starbucks until I met with JF and Sarah to discuss the cleanup folder and procedures Joel Sipe and I had developed.  I showed them some stuff with Access.  I noted also that I had an email that details what I was working on.  I also noted that I needed to start migrating queries between databases.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment