Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Ride to the Bus Stop

I had taken a temporary job at Recology. It was one of those positions that is good for the resume and I did it for that purpose. I had been working there for a few weeks during which mom and dad were on the East Coast. It took me a week to actually tell them that I had a job. They were happy with me. I was supposed to pick them up but in the end Nora did so. I was busy meeting new people at work since so many were away on vacation. This seemed to be the way things were each day I was there. I had a set of procedures that I was working on and every day I received a set of jobs to do. It was pretty mind-numbing. Sometimes my direct supervisor took me out for coffee and we would talk.

On this day I got to work a little late but in the end it was alright. I always went to this one coffee shop run by a guy named King. I didn't really like the place but I couldn't find anything else near that bus stop. I also would go to a shop on Leland Avenue every morning and pick up fruit and bread at a local grocery. The eight hours of updating the database, drawing maps and printing was always difficult and my coworker Rick had the same trouble. I wrote in my notebook that the ride home on the 29 was super difficult.

Rick eventually started giving me a ride to the bus stop after that.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment