Friday, February 24, 2012

Some Kind of Devil

I had had a hectic work schedule because I was preparing for a trip to New York. I had to get some 1099’s on top of having a run in with Valentine’s day. I also remember working on my thesis and a lot of meetings and goings on at work. I skipped work one day because of Muni’s Saturday schedule on Presidents day. I also remember focusing on getting to bed on time.

Before the trip I wrote a sketch for a Sci-Fi story. It was about the confusing world that the internet has created and how sometimes it might seem that it is harboring some kind of devil. I included some autobiographical stuff.

On the run up to my trip to NY, I tried hard to get everything done so I didn’t have to worry about cleaning my room when I got back. I was in bad need of sleep for that period too—definitely the night I flew the red eye into NY. I goofed on trying to prepare for the trip but I had enough time between work and the flight anyway. However, my memory is something of a hash. I wrote up a lot of my thoughts on the flight in to NY and when I arrived since I had to wait for a room and then I only got like two hours of sleep.

Here is a photo of my mom, Beverley, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC.

This is a regular series chronicling my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life. I wrote this on the 26th of May and posted it to the blog on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment