Sunday, January 1, 2012

White Elephant

I have begun to experiment with using MS Word as a blogging medium. I spent a lot of time writing during this almost two week period and the notebook was instrumental in this and However, it is pretty clear that my postings in the notebook and elsewhere cover different dates. I did much of my writing at a café in the mountains in Tuolumne County. I would go to this place called the Rock because I was having internet problems at the house.

I used my notebook a lot to during my morning commute. In fact I so regularly write about my commute that I have abbreviated most of the terms that relate to coffee and newspapers where ever possible. During Christmas time, most of my coworkers were away and I am getting rides to and from work from another coworker. I had lost my bike chain and it made me think twice about my commute. I reflected on how I could be fired at any time and how I had been moved between stations. One day I told Jenny that I had an “appointment” that I had to go to and she didn’t really pry about it. I was really going to a civil service exam.

I went to a coalition party at the Elbo. I also met a friend at Yancy’s. I was working on the end of chapter 4 and tearing the room apart on Christmas Eve day. We did a white Elephant. Christmas was simple. It was just mom and dad and me and David was hung over in the garage. My sister was away in Sonoma. My uncle came over and do did David. I watched a lot of TV.

Then it was back to work like nothing happened. I had trouble with getting it the swing of things because of the early dismissal Friday. I got a lot of Thesis work done. I saw a friend from LA that week. She wanted to get away. We hung out in SF and Berkeley. I met her friend.

For New Year’s I drove to work and then to the mountains. Dad was there and we had dinner. He left the next day. The computer wouldn’t work with the internet. I walked a lot on New Year’s Eve.

This is a regular series chronicling my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life. I wrote this on the 26th of May and posted it to the blog on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment