Friday, February 11, 2011

Back in Portland Now

Kevin!

It's so good to hear from you. I was actually thinking about you the other day and wondering what you were up to as well. I am glad to hear you are in SF although it sounds like maybe the most ideal situation. Are you working now? Whereabouts? I think often of moving to the Bay, but that is something I will always feel I think. I am back in Portland now. I got back from an intense 9 months in Guatemala in September, which took about 2 months to finally feel "normal" again, although that is also something I will probably always struggle with. Things have been pretty good though, and actually for the first time I have felt that I could stay here for a while. I am working part-time and ideally would like something more substantial, but the job market here is nuts. I know it is the case everywhere, but there are so many well-qualified young people here the competition is out of control. I spent a few months with my parents in the suburbs but I am now in the city in a shared house situation which is going super great. Biking, however, has been put on hold for a while cause I broke my shoulder in an unfortunate bike crash. It has been a little over a month now and the improvement is drastic, but I think I need a few more weeks to get back on the bike. I pretty much cant wait for Spring to be here. Oregon winters wear on the soul a bit.

Well, I could probably ramble for a while more, but thanks again for writing. And write back if you can!

--Caitlin

"build a revolution in which speaking and listening to somebody becomes the first and last purpose to every social encounter." --june jordan


This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment