Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Running to Bike Party

On January 16 I wrote that the previous Friday I went home and was worried about being alone instead of running to Bike Party but I made it out the door just fine. I had purchased some beer at Fred’s earlier. I saw a bunch of ride participants on Market. I rode BART to Rockridge with one of them and hung out under the freeway with a couple of others. I had took a few photos and shared them with people on social media.

The ride went up Claremont and doubled back on Keith. We then rode up to Lake Temescal. I hung out with the regulars plus a new reveler who I knew would be around a lot. I almost lost my gloves - which I actually needed given the temperature outside. I also had a hard time finding water.

We rode through Montclair. The climb was hard actually and then we ended up at the park in the center of town. I looked for water there too. I looked everywhere, and eventually bumped into a couple who was doing the same.

A short while later, when I finally found the water fountain, I saw the ride leader wearing waders and walking around inside the lake. I caught up with a few acquaintances and noted who was absent.

When we all got on our bikes again, the ride went down Moraga Avenue and that was fun, but very dangerous. I was riding with one of the ride volunteers for a while. We meandered along Piedmont and up Broadway to Lake Merritt for the final stop. I hung out with the core group for the ride there and later rode with them to Grand Lake for donuts

Sadly I had to leave quickly to catch the last Bart train. I saw a Bike Party acquaintance on the platform along with a few others.
 
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment