Saturday, December 10, 2022

Riding on The Mountain

On February 4 of 2022, I wrote that in the morning of the day that I wrote this my companion woke me at 6:15 and I was ready to go at 6:50. However things were frantic getting to the bus. We got to the ski resort at 7:20 and we got some coffee before going to the rental shop for wax and skis.

After that we got tickets and boarded a gondola headed to the mid mountain. We rode a bit and then rode another lift to a high spot. We took pictures.

We rode down to the base of the mountain even though we didn’t want to because I had us take a wrong turn. After that we rode to the middle of the mountain again and had a sandwich and a drink.

My companion was going really slow but I didn’t mind. I had texted my father and a few other people. Our other companion sent us a message. We rode down the backside. I nearly wiped out and then we returned to the top for a few more rides for the day.

We met a couple from Minnesota or Wisconsin and a few other people on the lifts. My companion got worse at riding on the mountain. We stayed mid mountain for some of that segment but eventually made a break for the bottom.

When we arrived at the bottom I returned my skis but ended up with the wrong shoes. The manager bought me new ones at the apparel shop. I had a drink with my companions then we took the bus back to Truckee.

Later we went to The Alibi and Bar of America. We saw trains. We played cards in the hotel common room.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment