Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Hotel Truckee

On February 3 of 2022, I wrote that I went to bed really late and slept normal. I woke to the normal alarm and 25 minutes later discovered my companions had texted. I got up and grabbed my backpack. However I still had to do a couple of things. I walked to Market at Valencia and caught an L bus to Peet’s. Indy the barista helped me.

My companions met me then and we walked to Mission Street. We got on the bus and when we got off the wait for the train in Emeryville wasn’t long.

I took a photo of the train and sent it to my father and sisters. On board it was exciting. I cleared out stuff under the seats and drank my coffee. We switched seats with at Richmond Station and I took pictures to send my family. We had bubbly wine and whiskey.

By Martinez I had spilled coffee on myself. We discovered that the drawbridge was up. I asked about Mayscamas and at Davis we saw some new housing. We got pictures of the golden bridge. I told them about how I had ridden the causeway. We sat in the lounge car for Sacramento and Table Mountain before we had lunch. The conductor was nice. Everyone liked my Amtrak sweater.

When we entered emigrant gap we returned to the family room we had rented and toasted the ride. We couldn’t agree where Donner Summit was. We progressed through Soda Springs and passed train five at the pass. We got off soon after.

We unloaded at Hotel Truckee and called the hotel manager. Then we took a bus to 50-50 for a beer which was OK. We had barley wine. There was cauliflower and artichoke sauce. We went back to the hotel through the snow. My wayfinding was bad and I made a meme about it. The pedestrian bridge was a breath of fresh air.

After we stopped at the hotel we walked around and got some fish tacos. Later we explored the town’s nightlife. We had beers outside of Bar of America. We saw two cargo trains. The second one went east but was 120 cars with five engines - two mid train.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment