Monday, August 8, 2022

Tamalpais Avenue and Onward

On July 30th of 2021, I rode to Mercury and texted with my traveling companions. I went home and packed. I threw the garbage away. I was late but I tried to do a good job. I left at 11:30 and the bike wqas miraculously manageable.

I made the coffee shop by 1145 and we got coffee before riding Octavia and Eddie to Fillmore and Clay. We took Arguello gate and Emigrant Overlook to Ralston to the bridge. We didn’t stop as we got on the east causeway.

There was construction on both sides of the bridge. Workers flagged us as they did construction. We took Alexander Drive at full speed.

We entered Sausalito easily but headed to Molly Stone’s where we got sandwiches and light bubbly drinks.

We rode to Mike’s Bikes to fill our tires. We got equator coffee in Mill Valley and bought what we could or needed for the ride.

A few hiccups later and we climbed Summit to Tamalpais Avenue and onward.

We stopped twice. We took a lot of photos at Fern Canyon Road – which is on the railroad grade - and the ride became hard when the road became dirt.

We went out and back around three creeks and wore ourselves out getting to the West Point Inn. We ate snacks there and chatted before descending to Bootjack.

My companions wanted to take the trail but I told them to descend to the maintenance building on Bootjack creek and then we went around behind the garage and followed a rocky path until we got into the campsite. Unfortunately there were no open sites so we continued to Pan Toll and ate our sandwiches.

Two of us left the campsite to explore and get more information which turned out to be really hard for our companion.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment