Sunday, January 27, 2019

Folded The Mini-zine

On October 14 I wrote that on the Saturday previous I got my bike and rode to South Park where I met a bunch of San Francisco Beat history buffs for a trip to North Beach for Bikes to Books. I had a coffee and got to meet some of the revelers for the first time.

We started our trip at the beat museum and we got to look at Burrito Justice’s new mini-zine. Then we walked up Romelo to wear the REsearch studio was on Fresno. Then we passed Al’s Attire and I saw the cutest tweed coat. Then we went to where the old bagel shop had been.

The big artists had all flocked to the bars there. The bagel shop had been where Bob Kaufman had been. We visited the street named after Bob, talked about his life and listened to poem by him. We went to an alley a block further and circled through a couple places. Then we walked down Jasper.

We looked in the app Gino and Carlo. Then we went to Pacific where Izzy's had been. We also went and looked at the I Hotel/Museum before going to Vesuvio where we shared pictures and folded the mini-zine. We discussed tech, librarians and how to cut and fold the mini-zine. I picked everyone’s brain before we were done.

I spent some time at the local shops before heading home on Grant, Market and Valencia.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment