Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Bit of Politics

On 5 May wrote that I stopped by the apartment to catch dinner. My friend had made me soup after her afternoon walk. I did all the steps helping to tidy and then wind the house down before heading to Maiden Lane for SF bike party.

The guys were there and a lady I knew was leading. I gave a flyer to everyone. The Bubble Bike Lady was really terrible about it. We rolled up Grant to Washington and took Kearny to Columbus. Then we took Grant to Washington Square. I gave a flyer to a few people. I met a new guy. We rode Columbus to Stockton and through the tunnel. I got a selfie.

On post I saw a tandem and let the riders know about the ride to Larkspur. However I had no more flyers. The ride went up Geary and I lost those people. I’m pretty sure we ended up on Turk and went to Jefferson Square.

I circled twice and found an acquaintance to hang out with. I gave him and another person a beer and we talked about high school. We also discussed a bit of politics and talked about our careers. I was bummed that I had no more beer but it turned out to be a breath of fresh air.

The ride left up Eddy and we rode up Fillmore and entered the Presidio at The Presidio Gate. I was happy with the lead for her route because it followed my normal route. One of the guys kept trying to cut me off while I was climbing some of the hills.

We got to El Polin and I hung out with a guy I had met a couple of times. I was alone for a bit and then grabbed my bike from him to go see another guy whose friend had margaritas. I had given flyers out to a bunch of people.

I also met some people that offered me vodka, amaretto and orange juice. They needed to get to Civic Center fast. I went with them to Julius Kahn and up Clay.

They all left and I went to Safeway at church. I had to get stuff for Charlie. The security tried to give me problems but I went and got what she wanted. I was in bed at two in the morning.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment