Friday, February 16, 2018

Announcing the New Year

On 2 January I wrote that on the morning of New Year’s eve day my friend was going to meet her old coworkers. I noticed I was low but thought it was all of the parties. She had done everything so help me out of the house. She went to a coffee shop to meet one of them and I went to another one. She told me they were going to meet someone else in Berkeley.

Mom texted that they would make us dinner. I walked to Dolores Park. Someone had a GSD. The big slides are really noisy. I played the giant xylophone, interacted with a couple of nice ladies and a well known bike advocate was there. I had a meal at the picnic tables where I voiced my opinion.

I quietly walked to the apartment. My friend had shown up a bit later and we ate the kale. After that we took two hours to leave. I had the bikes ready to go at four. The ride through the park was great but I once again was achy. She was really nice about it.

At the house she went upstairs and I unpacked. I got the whole room set up. She was concerned but I reassured her. The living room was kind of noisy when I got upstairs. Dinner was an hour later.

By 630 we were done and taking it easy in the living room. I never do dishes. My friend and I had an easy time winding down and sat in the living room hanging out. We left on our bikes around nine and stopped at the Safeway and then the apartment to change.

After that we rode to an acquaintance’s house. They had us bring our bikes in and another acquaintance had joined us. We ate fondue, talked and drank bubbly. Our host kept announcing the new year. After midnight we ate at Dutch Baby and then retired to the living room. I was frustrated about lingering too long. Later we rode to Sanchez. The ride was long but not unpleasant. We got home at 2:30. Dad and mom were both up.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment