Wednesday, December 6, 2017

It Wasn't Latin Enough

On 22 October I wrote that the time came down to the wire. When my friend returned she took over and I left with a bag of food for an acquaintance’s house. I walked up Valencia Street 16th and took BART to Glen Park. I stopped at the grocery there and got a little lost trying to find their place.

My host let me in let me in and I spent a half an hour talking about my life over the previous year. All the procedures we had to engage and people that had visited. I gave them stout and told them about the early sleep schedule.

I headed to BART and met an old classmate at the taqueria. The taco I ordered took too long but their friend’s were cool. I met his fiance a second time. We walked to Latin American bar. They weren't impressed because it wasn't Latin enough. We looked at Xuxa videos.

We went to pizza next-door and a liquor store. They wanted to have “cheap” beer. We tried to go to The Make Out Room but ended up at Cava 22 which had Spanish karaoke. I got really bored. Thankfully we quit a little later. I said bye as they head off to have Pupusas and dance.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment