Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I Explored Corte Madera

I wrote on the 29th of June that I had been trying to get to Marin for a few weeks at that point and finally managed to do so on the day that I wrote this.  I had awoken at around 830 and organized my stuff and had a bite to eat.  I went to the park and stopped at the waterfall.  I then rode past the hospice and to the bridge.  There I saw Cary and thanked him for putting me in touch with Tim.  I took a photo of Hawk Hill from the Bridge and sent it to Twitter.  I then rode through Sausalito to Starbuck for coffee.

Later I wrote that I left Sausalito and traveled parking lots to the Bay Model and then bake path on Bridgeway.  I took my time to Saratoga where I wandered off alone.  I took Lomita to the 101.  I explored Corta Madera and took photos of the crossing there.  I came back through to Miller.  I got photos of a crossing there too.  I then rode to Ross and hung out behind the park.  I thought I was alone but a girl walked by.

I went to San Anselmo and tweeted at a cafĂ©.  I then climbed all the way up the dirt path to the spot where Shaun and I had climbed a month before.  I almost died from exhaustion.  It was hot and dry and I was out of energy.  I finished my water and sent messages.  On the way down I spoke to some mountain bikers and they indicated I could go through Tamarancho with no problems but it was a fee area.  I went down to Cascade and had water and caught my breath at the park. I rode through Fairfax, San Anselmo, San Rafael and through the tunnel to Larkspur.  I boarded the boat and had a bag of Chex Mix.  I updated my Facebook account when I got home.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. I started writing this Notebook Analysis on 062914.  This series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment