Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cal Park Hill

On the morning of the May 18th this year I wrote this I thought I was late but made it to meet Shaun at Café Muse just fine.  I had been under the impression that the race would get in my way.  I wrote later that the first leg of the trip took one hour.  We left on 8th and went to Lake.  Then we climbed up to Lincoln and then over to the bridge.  After crossing we took the ramp and stopped to rest in Sausalito.

We rode to the plant at Sycamore and then went on to Blythdale.  Then we went to Lomita and passed the freeway to Weadowsweet.  I went fast there.  We went through Corte Madera and Shaun said the bridge needed a 45 degree angle.  We passed the split there and at Larkspur he remembered the Doherty intersection.  A BMW followed us in the left turn lane at College of Marin and we took Kent to Ross.  We looked at the Seminary and later took Center and ended up at the park in Fairfax to have a snack around 12.

I had to stop to catch my breath a little later and we passed a cute girl that we caught up with her but she went up Laurel.  At road’s end we continued up Cascade Canyon and had to walk when it was steep.  We took a shortcut and that made it easier.  We passed the turn for Blue Ridge and had to walk a lot.  We went right again and again near the top.  We found a nice spot for a campsite there.

We established that this was in fact Toyon and then returned quickly to Fairfax.  Then we got lost looking at backstreets and took Center back to San Anselmo where I had coffee.  We rang our bells at people.  We walked through a park and then took a frontage route to San Rafael.  We took Sir Francis to 4th street and after passing through the town we went to Anderson and rode through the train tunnel which I photographed.  There was a car inside.  At the ferry a lot of disembarking teens had clearly come back from the bay to breakers.  We had time so went to the brewery and I had a beer.  Back at the terminal we boarded and Shaun disappeared until the boat left.  I had a beer.  At Embarcadero I dumped the bike and said bye to Shaun.

The L had trouble at 34th so I went alone into Sunset bl.  I walked home and dad indicated that he would save me a bite to eat.  I read the paper before typing this up.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment