Monday, May 12, 2014

Tremendously

I wrote that I made the NA and then cleaned.  I put papers and post cards away and did laundry.  I looked at Craigslist for apartments.  I was asleep at midnight.  I had the kind of dream where my desires were not being fulfilled but then just as I awoke they were.  I think my unconscious is tuned to my schedule in ways that I don’t understand since my alarm was set to go off later than normal.

On the morning I wrote this I woke up late because it was my birthday.

I flipped through my FB and Twitter accounts.  Eventually I saw that Mike Sonn had learned from FB that it was my birthday and posted it to Twitter.  I really appreciated that.  It prompted me to get ready for work.  I rode to the park and Panhandle slowly.  There was a lot of traffic.  On Grove there was a pavement truck in the way.  At Civic I went to the hotel Starbucks and then descended to the station.  Colleen texted a happy birthday.   I had to negotiate with a girl who had an English accent for bicycle space.

At PHill I rode to work thinking about Kathryn.  I miss her tremendously.  When I got the text from Colleen I fantasized that it was her.  I noted that I missed her.

At work everyone wished me a happy birthday.  I was surprised.  One had left a gift card for me on the Friday before and I found when I sat down.  He came in a moment later with donuts.  I went for coffee fretting about Kathryn.  When I came back I had some donuts, made a list of things to do.  Later people made phone calls and I had to look at some computer stuff.

I went to lunch after doing stuff some steps.  There I met a guy named Phill from work.  I went to coffee with the gift card.  Later my supervisor said happy birthday.  That was when I got a text from Kathryn and I said I missed her “tremendously.”

Later I wrote that I left at around 425 and rode to PHill.  The ride was filled with allergies and I had to wait to clear my eyes at PHill.  At Embarcadero I had trouble with the transfer but I made it.  There wasn’t much of a crowd.  Jenny sent me a happy birth day.  I noted that Shaun and I would have a beer later and that Mom was playing happy birthday on the piano.

I went upstairs and had dinner with the family.  We had delicious Pork—I noted that I needed to thank Nora for it.  I ate and then my niece did a dance and sang a bit.  We had cake and I told the little gilr that she needed a stylist.  I went down to get ready to leave.  I said bye to the family and rode Irving to Shamrock.  The bartender Alesha gave us a deal and the Giants beat Atlanta.


This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment