Monday, December 2, 2013

Big Bend

On this day I wrote that I my girlfriend Kathryn at the Mint and her friend Christina and other people.  She was singing when I came in and apparently had sung about five songs up to then.  Then she and I went to Visuvio.  Next day we went to breakfast and we set up for Thanksgiving and then left for my house.  We enjoyed coffee with dad, the Dallas game and Scrabble.  Mom took us to the beach for a walk.  Then we had drinks and started eating turkey and ham around 530.  My sister’s family showed up later.

Next morning we got up and drove across the bridge then and on our way to Big Bend.  When we got there Kathryn’s buddy Marina greeted us and we walked around her property.  We saw the well and the barn.  She has a yurt that she sleeps in.  We also looked at her gravity powered pumps and played with tomahawks.  She also has pigs and chickens and she had just slaughtered a piglet.  I remember we were up late that night.

Next morning we were up at 10 and after eating a country breakfast, Kathryn and I drove to the Koske river bridge and Big Bend.  Later we went for a walk in the forest.  We also shot guns and saw Marina’s new pump shelter.  Dinner consisted of soup and quiche.  It being a pig farm, there was a lot of ham in everything.  We drank whisky and talked for hours it seemed. 

We left on the last day with ham and cheese crepes and eggs in our stomachs.  We drove to Big Bend for coffee and took some photos of Shasta.  We made it to SF by 630 and ate and unpacked.  Later I dropped the give off with my mom at the Symphony hall and took transit to Kathryn’s house.

The next morning we had breakfast and Kathryn went to. I took transit to Peet’s at West Portal where I wrote this entry at around 1030 am.


This Memo series chronicles my life at regular intervals and is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment