Sunday, March 24, 2013

When it Called Back

I noted that I was trying to keep things together the day before.  I managed though.  I hopped the 29 late.  I was interacting with Nicole on the ride and I caught up to one another at Geneva.  She met me on the bus. We got off at Vienna and walked around looking for Colman Advocates.  We walked up Brazil and entered McLaren Park.  We followed the path up the back of residences.  I noted that the neighborhood is eerie near the park but its nicer one you get inside.  We went to the water tower and she took photos.

We went to the lake and looked around then we walked down Peru to Silver via Silliman and Oxford.  We crossed the Freeway and entered St Mary’s Park and climbed up above the garden near the projects.  She kept asking whether there was still a creek because the nature trails all indicated that there had been.  I tried to play it off but eventually she said there wasn’t.

We climbed up behind the baseball diamond and crossed Crescent to to get to Holly.  That park is one of the nicer ones.  It had no backyards.  We walked down Cortland and decided to have lunch.  We found a café and I had a blintz and she a sandwich.

We looked at the bike shop and then went over to Virginia.  I made bird calls to a dove and Nicole started referring to it as my friend when it called back.  We went to Presita Park and crossed Chavez on Folsom and went to Philz to have coffee and a cookie.  Then we went to a bike shop near Shotwell and saw some bike polo.  Then we went to the Uptown and saw Dan who was filling in.  There was a party for Isaac and we ate some of the food.  We saw Ramon.  I noted that Nicole and other ladies were kind of into me.  We then went to Schmitt’s and then caught a BART Train to her car and visited CVS on the way to her house.  We watched office space.

On the morning I wrote this I woke up at 11 and we went to the Avenue.  We had coffee and read the paper at Don’t be Latte.  She then drove me home.  I wrote that the beach was crowded.  We made plans for Wednesday.  I went in and read the economist with the parents.  I noted that I had been feeling funny all day.  I read my email and napped.  I wrote that I started packing for going to work a day early.  I had dinner with the parents and left for Walnut Creek.  The room was nice and I bought juice.  Nicole said she was thinking about fixing her bike.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment