Thursday, July 25, 2013

Honked at on International

I wrote that I went for a beer at Yancy’s on the Monday before and had trouble sleeping.  I got to the thesis on Tuesday and mom and I made cookies with the nephew.  Nora took him home, ate dinner and watched TV all night.  On Wednesday I had coffee in the morning and worked on the thesis.  At four I rode through the park and encountered a huge blockage.  I thought they were contractors.  I told three of the drivers that they were in the way and one them said complain.  I took photos and called it in.  Later I stopped by the coalition and told Marc about it.

I rode to Embarcadero and bought Nicole a Bike Link card.  Then I caught a Rockridge train.  I was in a crowded car.  At Rockridge I rode through Clairmont Country Club.  I noted that Broadway Terrace was too steep for her.  On the other side I looked at Temescal and noted that Golden Gate to Temescal might have been a better choice.

I rode to Mountain Lane.  Another issue that came up was Mountain Lane is a bit hillier than the street that was named Glen something.  I ended up in Montclair and had some food and then I went to Park street Via Trafalgar.  I checked out the park and noted that there was a gate there and was likely impossible.  I took Park to Leifert and then crossed the bridge there to look at the neighborhood there but there was no park access.  I ended up on 13th and took Beaumont.  I took 21 street to 21 avenue and then to Fruitvale on International.

I noted that I should have stayed on the other side of the bridge since Fruitvale heads straight to Dimond Park.  I got honked at on International.  I talked to the guy at the Bike Station but he was not friendly.  I noted that I rode through the Plaza and thought the place was a hellhole.  I took the train to Civic Center and went for a taco at Chihuahua and then watched a Giants game at the Page.  I was home at 11.  I noted that mom and dad were at the hospital.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment