Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Clubs for Bars

I keep notes and then read them while writing. For instance, I note that I made a mistake with my Clipper card. I pressed the wrong button and then I was carrying two around both of which have value on them.

At the same time, it is obvious that I don’t like my job. My coworkers say I am not in danger of losing it though. This doesn’t stop me from considering the idea of going back to my old job or getting another one. There seems to be a balancing act going on between staffing and deadlines. My bosses obviously wanted more people but couldn’t ramp up production at the same time as scaling up the work force. I pay a lot of attention to interpersonal interactions and my place in the hierarchy. I estimate that I’m not likely to lose my job for about two more months.

I went to Russian Hill with a couple of friends from LA and Orange. Being girls they wanted to go to clubs but settled for bars. I was amazed at how difficult it was to balance work and fun on a Friday night.
This is a regular series chronicling my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life. I wrote this on the 26th of May and posted it to the blog on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment