Thursday, April 4, 2002

Terrible Slang

Going through my emails I found one from dad that said he had received a box from me.  I sent some tea that dad said was a no no.  He said not to send agricultural stuff.  He asked about some art work that I had sent him.  I also got a bunch from girls I used to date.  Apparently my emails are formatted differently when they are received.  I sent some embarrassing emails to my friends too using terrible slang.  Dad sent another email about some of his friends coming to China on a tour but I didn’t go looking for them because I didn’t hear from them individually.

Around this time our advisor sent us an update on the course load.  She then sent another email saying that she was going to be posted in Beijing for about a year administering a CSU program.  She sent us some updates on how our program should provide more field work and provided us some work-arounds for making things happen.

A couple of days later I sent out an email to my ex-girlfriend and another friend.  He eventually replied that he had sent me a box of book.  I really appreciated that.  I also started receiving emails from people that I met in Xi’an.  One specifically was from Sam (real name Zeng Sa) who clearly wanted me to help her with her already wonderful English.  I apparently taught her the terms slacker and sucker.


 This is series is a retrospective of my life taken from emails that I sent or received on the First of the Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment