Monday, January 30, 2023

At Conservatory of Flowers

On March 5, 2022, I wrote that the night before I got the boys from their gym class and took them home. I made them a meal and let them watch TV. Eventually I got us ready for their first Bike Party. I had to yell a bit and needed to run up and down the stairs for our shared cargo bike a few times but once the three of us got going together on it, the ride up Dolores was great. At the park I was really happy to see a bunch of people I knew including a lady I had met only a few weeks earlier. An acquaintance had her son and a neighbor’s kid too and that was comforting. The ride left and I took a shortcut. A number of us climbed 18th st and we spotted some others we knew as we climbed the Wiggle.

We had slowed down by the time we were at the Panhandle. We found one of our acquaintances and her companions and my boys shared the truism that “birds are dinosaurs.” From there we rode together as a group and got to know each other which was nice. Once we got to the Conservatory of Flowers one of my kids told me he wanted to go home which made me sad. I left them with a couple of acquaintances and quickly said hi to everyone.

The three of us rode home through the rain after that as it was getting wet out. The boys didn’t even want ice cream. They just wanted to go to bed – being generally unhappy about the cold.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment