Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Cross-Country Skiing

On February 6 I woke up that morning my friend woke me with some noise in the back. I tried to help but it only got worse. I got up an hour later. She was making pancakes and the hostess was making coffee. I didn’t get any coffee until I had separated the laundry. However it was cold. Also I had to wait for the dryer so I settled into tidying and organizing for our trip home. A new guest arrived and the house was chaos. I managed to help our hostess and that was nice.

By 1030 I was shoveling outside again. My friend was critical of me about it. I got pretty far in the packing and she helped. In the meantime the others went cross-country skiing and dug their cars out.

Once I had finished packing we drove through the snow down the hills fine. I had gotten coffee and on the way to the valley’s towns and that was a quiet ride. There was traffic in Davis. I had a lot of trouble with the trucks. We went to the local roadside attraction after and had a pizza.

The drive to Oakland was OK but after taking the carpool I had a terrible time going over the bridge. When we arrived we unloaded like lightning and I dropped the car off at enterprise six minutes late. I walked home easily enough and spent 40 minutes unpacking and tossing recyclables.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment