Monday, July 24, 2017

Until the Seventh Inning

On 27 June I finished at Starbucks on King around noon on Saturday the 24th and headed to the jewelry mart where I used an old name tag to enter. The jewler was really cool. I picked up the watch I had dropped there a few weeks before.


I rode two Four Barrel and my friend bought me coffee. We hung out quietly next to the pourover coffee bar. We went to the apartment and once inside I was surprised to discover that my neice, brother-in-law, sister and brother were inside the apartment waiting for us. That was surprising. My friend entertained.


A little later we walked to Van Ness then and when we got off Muni at Embarcadero station I had a hard time putting money on my card. That was fine because it gave my sister tike to walk with and get to know my friend. I found them at the ferry building and we all did different things. We followed Joe to a deli after that where we got sandwiches.


We then headed to the ballpark playground and met more people. There was a space for being loud. Mom took a lot of photos. I showed my friend the one that I had gotten. We ate our sandwiches. My brother had chips. My younger sister’s family.The Oregon family we knew well was there. Some people I knew from grammar school even showed up.


I wanted to get a bobble head so I left my friend sitting quietly on the grass. When I returned she came with my mother and I to drop stuff at the bike valet.  I ended up getting and extra bobblehead.


We went to our seats and met our friends. I sat next to my dad, younger sister, her buddy from grade school, her husband and a few others over the course of the game. My friend and I went to customer service and got some certificates. It was really noisy. Dad's web developer and cousin were there. My older sister’s husband brought me a drink.


My friend and I lasted until the seventh inning. I wasn't impressed with the score. The Giants didn't get many runs. We went to the valet to get our stuff and caught an N train. We rode to Van Ness and went to the apartment.  We settled in and my friend took over the apartment when I went to Oakland a bit later.


I met the Oregonians at the diner near their hotel. A bit later we went to The Rendezvous at Jack London Square. We made jokes about the floor and then we went to The Merchant Exchange for more. My brother and I said bye to them and went to the apartment. I was tired.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment