Sunday, January 12, 2014

Went to Ruby Room

I noted that I was frustrated by the WiFi as I left.  I took Irving and then Page.  I met Kathryn at Hotspot.  She was with some girls from work and Leslie said hi.  We hopped a train to San Leandro.  Kathryn said her Portland friend Peter and his Philly friend Jeff were on their way.  They work for Code for America.  Shaun said he would be late.

Four of us rode to a park on the bay in San Leandro.  Things were a little confusing at the first party stop because of the gated entrance.  Shaun showed up then.  Cops were there and followed us all the way to the edge of San Leandro.  We went to the MLK Bay Lands.  We chose to leave after the fireworks.

We took the bay trail and Shaun helped us find the way.  At Fruitvale we took 12th.  We went to Ruby Room.  Shaun went home and the rest of us rode to Lake Merritt BART.  We took Kearney.  We saw Brendan at Columbus.

I wrote that the next morning I got up at 12p.  Kathryn had gone to the vet and the supermarket.  She got a paper for me while I started making breakfast.  We tidied up and cleaned.  We walked to the Broadway tunnel through light rain.  We went to the bike shop on Polk and Kathryn got some shoes and I walked around the neighborhood.  We found these cool cards at the shop so I ran up to Lombardi and bought them.  Later we went to It’s a Grind and had coffee.  There was this guy working there who had worked at Lil’ griddle.

Kathryn and I walked over Russian Hill.  The rain had passed Kathryn went home and I bought stuff.  She made pizza.  She also fixed her bed while I helped with the food.  It was delicious.  We walked to Sweety’s and back and were in bed by 11.  That night Brendan posted something about Mill Valley to Face Book.

I got up early on Sunday.  We had a small meal and were ready to go at the Embarcadero with Peets coffee and a paper.  Shaun said he couldn’t go.  At Sausalito we rode to Mikes Bike’s and got some stuff.  Then we rode to the 101 and caught our breath.  Kathryn took a photo.  We then went to the Old Mill and had food.  We had to walk through the neighborhood to find the next route and then missed the turn.  We crossed a creek then and I took another rest to catch my breath.  The grade was really steep at this point.

I met her where the rail grade and a fire road split.  Then we climbed to the pavement at Summit road and sat on a bench and took photos.  Then I sprinted because of the pavement and we continued to the Double Bow Tie Knot.  We stopped for a while there.  Then we climbed to the ridge top and finished most of our food.  We walked our bikes down a trail and when a person warned us about citations I had to explain to Kathryn that Bikes are not allowed on the trail.

At Panoramic Highway we took Edgewood to the Pipe Line trail and emerged back on Edgewood.  We then went through the neighborhoods to get back to Miller Street eating the last of Kathryn’s pizza on the way.  We made it to Sausalito in good time and went to the fancy Barrel House.  The Boat was quick after that.  We rode to the house via Jackson and when we got there saw Charlie tidying the house.  We started watching A Fish Called Wanda.  We were in bed by 11.

On the morning I wrote this Kathryn didn’t get up till 8 so I just made coffee and sat around.  We got ready to leave and I think Kathryn forgot her lunch.  I said bye to her at Stockton and the ride was fine.  I had a utility bike pass me but I passed him back.

This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment