Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Art and Anniversary Parties


On the 5th of May I visited Twin Peaks and I took this photo. What is it? I have no idea.  I looked at my notebook around the 16th and listed out many of the things that had happened during this period. I ended up attending a bunch of parties that I really enjoyed going to. On the 17th of May, I met a friend at café Soleil and then traveled to two Art Parties and, then much later that night, the Suppen Kuche anniversary party. The very next day I had an interview for a job that I wanted.

It occurred to me that this combination may not be too out of the ordinary. My last few employers have made me realize that human resources departments seem to organize their hiring around the first day of each paycheck. For instance, I have found that after my employer would always initiate interviews one week before the end of the pay-period and new personnel would always start on the first day of the pay period. In the meantime I have noticed that parties are planned for the days after the pay period ends.

On the twentieth, I watched the eclipse at the Academy of Sciences. I was sick for a while after that and on the week of the 21st, I spent a lot of time rewriting my notes. I had time to clean house and visit the cleaners and had the house to myself. I started feeling better and on that Friday the 25th when I saw Dark Shadows at the Kabuki.

This is a regular series chronicling my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.  I wrote this on the 26th of May and posted it to the blog on June 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment