Thursday, March 10, 2011

March Job Search

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM I listed three different tiers for a job search:
low quality customer service
high end service
professional.

For the professional tier there are two websites listed below. I can take these websites and turn them into a set of indicators and then identify jobs that are good for me.

For the high end service jobs I can look at the 856 website. However, after I have looked at the Jobs in Geography sites and have interacted with some of the people that are involved I can change this second tier into something that is more appropriate.

For the low quality service jobs I need a job for the interregnum. I have already developed a list of jobs that will put me in position for the more high end stuff.

For the first tier I found two sites on Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM:
http://www.sfhistory.org/index.php?pageid=4
http://www.aag.org/cs/careers

I called them a “lead” for producing a body of research and literature. Basically I need to create a “work flow” although I am not certain that this is an appropriate name. These two sites should identify a profile of firms and job classifications to look for. I need to produce a general composite for it. These profiles should have a list of indicators. The indicators will likely be stuff like income, job descriptions and/or market sectors.

After this I need to create a list of corporate and non-profit organizations which these indicators identify and look for jobs that are listed with in them.

I did up a resume and have a CV from a bit ago.

I looked on the site for 856 and there are a few leads there

I then opened up this note taking venue.

I chose this one because it has the look of a diary. However, I want to link to emails and I don't know if I can do that from a blog.

I have also established that I need to send out a couple of resumes or applications every two days. Hence, on the first Wednesday I don't and the rest of the week I do and the next week it is MWF.

On Tuesday this week I sent out a couple of resumes and I did so again today. Two parking companies, I bike rental company and an electric tour company.


This is series chronicles my life at regular intervals. This Memo series is meant to be a retrospective of what I have written and experienced. In each of these posts I use my notes in conjunction with memory, mementos and souvenirs to create a snap shot of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment