Thursday, May 2, 2002

An Kang

I will return to the notebooks from 2002.  First there is the black book.  I found that on May first I went with Andy, Zeng Sa and Mathew to An Kang.  We also had my classmate Nina with us.  I believe she was from the Bay Area.  My notebook says that while we were there I learned some swear words.  This was an interesting bit in a weekend trip.  I will try to put the whole experience together.

I am noticing that the green notebook has letters and numbers listed together in it over and over again and I believe that this is because it was for my listening class.  In this notebook there is a gap between the 28th of April and May 8th that indicates I was gone for some time.  However, I think that it was simply a spring holiday.

I remember that four of us had to endure several hours on a train to An Kang standing.  When we got to the town Mathew met us and took us to his parent’s, who had a couple of extra rooms.  Mathew had come a few days earlier.  We later crossed the Han River to have lamb in town.  We walked around for much of that night.  My notes from May second show that Zeng Sa (Sam) wrote down the lyrics for a Beastie Boys song for me in Chinese.  This was funny.  The next day Mathew’s mom made us breakfast and at some point we went to see the dragon boat races.


This Notebook Analysis is part of retrospective of my life taken from emails that I sent or received on the First of the Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment